Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

19 May 2017

BUFF BREASTED SANDPIPER-BURTON RSPB-WIRRAL

News broke this morning on my way into work that Colin wells(site manager at Burton RSPB) had found a Buff breasted sandpiper.Thankfully the bird hung around all day so I made my way there straight after work.
The bird was showing well on arrival but photographs were hard to get due to the sunlight reflecting off the water.


BUFF BREASTED SANDPIPER 
This was my third record of Buff Breasted sandpiper in Cheshire and Wirral the last one being at Frodsham Marshes from the 28th July 2012 that spent three days on N06 tank.
As I was leaving the reserve a Cattle egret appeared out of the roost and showed well before flying off.

UP TO 3 CATTLE EGRETS HAVE BEEN ROOSTING AT BURTON RSPB